Pepsi Program Funding Request Information
Applications for Academic year 2018-2019 have been CLOSED. Thank you all for another great year of partnership on campus events!
Pepsi Program Funds are to be used for University programs that benefit a large proportion of the KU community (current KU students, faculty, and/or staff); promote a sense of community life at KU; promote academic life at KU; and promote community service efforts.
New Info for 2018-19: All applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the event date. Limited funding is available for t-shirts for health and safety purposes only. For more information on t-shirt restrictions, see below.
Funds CAN be used for speaker/lecturer honorariums, event food catering, supplies and other expenses for campus programs.
Funds WILL NOT be granted for:
- Events and student groups that are not open to all students or not registered through SILC.
- Events that charge for KU student attendance.
- Events serving alcohol.
- Events for which students will receive academic credit.
- Conference registration or travel away from campus.
- Materials to promote/oppose political candidacy or lobbying purposes.
- Third party donations, granting scholarships, recruitment to any institution, or fundraising for the student organization.
- Gifts or Prizes.
- Priority for Pepsi funds will be given to start-up funds for new programs and events and should not be considered a permanent funding source.
- Pepsi funds are not intended to fund entire programs/activities, but rather to supplement the budget. Be sure to indicate the other sources of funding for your program or event in the budget section of your application.
- Student organizations requesting funding must be registered with the Student Involvement and Leadership Center.
- A maximum of one award will be made to any given organization or group each semester.
- Applications should be submitted a minimum of one month prior to your event, via the web application. Any application submitted within 3 weeks of the event will not be considered.
- The budget information should be complete and specified in detail including other sources of funding and a complete outline of all event expenses. If your event will be over an extended period of time, the budget should be for the entire period of the request. Pepsi funds should not be your sole source of funding. The committee encourages groups to seek additional sources of funding, including Student Senate, organizations and KU departmental funding, and indicate these funds in your budget. Incomplete budgets will not be accepted. If additional information becomes available prior to your committee meeting, bring 8 copies of the revised budget to the meeting.
- The University Events Committee must approve all on-campus programs prior to requesting Pepsi funds.
- You are required to present your funding application to the committee before an award is made.
- You will be notified by e-mail with the meeting date, time and location you are required to attend to present your request– it is not always the next date on the meeting list. Do not attend a meeting until you receive this email notification.
- After your event is complete, please complete the Pepsi Program Funding Event Survey no more than one week following your event, which will complete the requirements for the award payment to be processed.
- Payment restrictions: Payments cannot be processed without an original invoice, event documentation and W-9 form. If payments are made to individuals, a Contractual Services agreement form must also be submitted. Payments for a service will not be made to KU employees. Payments will not be made to International vendors without appropriate documentation. Reimbursement payments will not be issued to individual students, but must be issued to the student organization.
The University Program Support Committee was appointed to identify programs for support and review proposals/requests for funding. The committee meets in the Fall and Spring semesters, but not in the summer. A limited number of requests will be presented at each meeting. Timely submission of your request is important. You should plan in advance and submit your request a minimum of six weeks prior to your event to provide adequate review and approval time.
You must attend a meeting to present your funding application. All meetings begin at 3:30 p.m. You will be notified by email in advance of the meeting date and location you should attend. Please bring copies of your updated budget along with quotes for all requests (catering, t-shirts, speaker fees, etc.)
STOP! - have you reviewed all of the requirements, restrictions, and process info included on this page? If not, go back and review to help ensure that you have a successful application before applying below.