Each recipient is recognized during a surprise in-class presentation, and the award recipients’ photos are included in the Commencement Program.
There are two ways for students to be included in the pool of applicants for the University Awards. You do not need to be nominated to apply for any University Awards.
- Students may be nominated by a faculty/staff member or friend. Nominations are completed and submitted online. The student will be notified of the nomination and will need to submit a completed University Awards application. [Nomination a Student]
- Without being nominated, a student may complete an application and submit it online to the University Awards Committee.
Go to KU Academic Works and select "University Awards". Then "Sign In" in the upper right hand corner to begin your application. Each application must include:
- Completed application form
- Current resume or curriculum vitae (PDF), which includes a list of activities
- Personal statement (PDF)
- Contact information for letter of recommendation author
Letter of Recommendation Process
Applicants should request one letter of recommendation from a faculty member, adviser, mentor, employer or peer.
|FRIDAY, November 29, 2019||Nominations & Applications Open|
|MONDAY, January 27, 2020 | 5:00 PM||Nominations Close|
|MONDAY, February 3, 2020 | 5:00 PM||Applications Close|
|SUNDAY, February 16, 2020||Letter of Recommendation Submission Close|