The primary goals of the University Honors Program are . . .
- To educate students through a broad array of challenging coursework and co-curricular experiences.
- To equitably recruit, admit, and graduate engaged learners.
- To support our students holistically so that they have a positive, meaningful experience at KU.
- To foster a diverse student community that is actively engaged in the process of growing personally, professionally, and intellectually.
University Honors fulfills these goals by . . .
- Challenging our students through rigorous classes and co-curricular programming.
- Providing personalized support and in-depth advising to each Honors student.
- Guiding future leaders, professionals, and researchers to real-world experiences that enhance their skills and knowledge, including study abroad, internships, research, and service learning.
- Fostering a diverse and intellectually rich community based in Nunemaker Center.
- Connecting qualified applicants with award and scholarship opportunities, particularly nationally competitive scholarships.
Graduate Assistant 50% (brief description)
The University Honors Program (UHP) Graduate Assistantship (paid) will assist staff members with the execution of co-curricular and engaged learning opportunities, program assessment, student engagement, and with the planning and execution of summer orientation activities.
Full Position Description
(For the 2019-20 year, this position is filled)
Dr. Erin Spiridigliozzi
Assistant Director, University Honors Program
University Honors Program