Student of Concern Review Team
The Student of Concern Review Team (SCRT) assists University of Kansas students, faculty and staff who have concerns about a specific student's behavior and don't know where to turn. See the SCRT Visual Response Chart for more info. Download a printer friendly brochure (pdf).
- Encourage the prompt reporting of behaviors of concern to the SCRT.
- Encourage early identification of individuals who may be experiencing difficulty coping with their environment or life circumstance.
- Provide information to faculty, staff, and students regarding the indicators of potentially dangerous or troublesome behaviors
- Inform faculty, staff and students of existing and relevant policies and protocols which provide a course of action to address various alleged behaviors.
- Provide recommendations regarding University sanctions or disciplinary actions to appropriate University authorities in cases of extreme violation of the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- Provide information and consultation regarding appropriate response options to student related difficult situations.
- Assist with the development of an appropriate response to behaviors which warrant concern.
- Respond to concerns regarding a student's observed or reported behavior.
- Investigate circumstances surrounding the reported concerns.
- Determine the student's need for further assessment of dangerousness to self or others.
- Recommend enforcement or education options that may be selected by University officials in response to specific and verified student behaviors.
- Jennifer Wamelink, Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs (Chair)
- James Anguiano, Deputy Chief of Police, KU Public Safety Office
- Abby Coffin, Director, Undergraduate Advising Center
- Michael Maestas, Director, Counseling and Psychology Services
- Andrew Shoemaker, Director, Academic Achievement and Access Center
- Sarah Waters, Director, Student Housing
- Lance Watson, Director, Student Conduct & Community Standards
- In cases involving the high likelihood of imminent danger, call 911 immediately.
- Please call 864-4060 between the hours of 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday, and state that you have a matter for the Student of Concern Review Team (SCRT).
- Please call 864-4060 between the hours of 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday.