KU Memorial Unions - Programs Office
Union Programs is a campus-wide clearinghouse for activities in and around the KU Memorial Unions. Students are the motivating force behind Union Programs.
In everything it does, Union Programs strives to uphold its mission of:
- Inspiring potential by supporting the role of the student in the KU community
- Creating community through support, both administratively and creatively, of campus programs and events
- Involving students through the plethora of student leadership opportunities that exist within the programs and activities that are produced through the office
- The office provides advising and operational support to several student-led organizations including; Student Union Activities, KJHK 90.7 FM, Center for Community Outreach, The Big Event and the Board of Class Officers. There are many opportunities to interact with a diverse group of students.
- The intern will be located in close proximity to the areas in which student organizations are housed so contact with students is a daily occurrence.
- The intern in our office will have the opportunity to collaborate and interact with program areas outside their direct assignment.
- The intern will have the opportunity to take advantage of staff development opportunities become involved in divisional and campus-wide committees.
- The intern will be working with staff who are committed to their professional growth and development.
Graduate Assistant - Programs & Events (50%) (brief description)
Direct and advise select committees and executive officers of the Student Union Activities (SUA) which serves as the main student programming board for the University. Teach programming skills to SUA members on program content, promotion, committee organization, contract administration, and program planning and assessment.
Full Position Description
(For the 2017-18 year, this position is unavailable)