Student Conduct and Community Standards
Student Conduct and Community Standards (SCCS), is responsible for investigating and resolving alleged violations of the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities (specifically, non-academic misconduct) and educating members of the university community about community standards and values. The Graduate Assistant will be an active member of the SCCS team and must possess the highest level of integrity and confidentiality due to the nature of the work generated in the office.
Student Conduct Graduate Assistant
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Working with students who are alleged to have violated the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities and educating them of their rights and responsibilities.
- Investigating alleged student misconduct and resolving student disciplinary matters.
- Monitor the completion of sanctions by students who were found responsible for a violation of the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- Referring students to other departments/programs for assistance and/or fulfillment of sanctions
- Participating in outreach to faculty, staff and students on the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- Lead outreach programs such as National Hazing Prevention Week and Know the Code Week.
- Serving as the office advisor to the Student Hearing Board (a hearing board consisting solely of students)
- Maintaining records and databases
- Assisting with general office duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Available for 21-22 year