The Connect serves as a monthly opportunity for students to celebrate the completion of a successful month, learn about student organizations and available campus resources, listen to good music, enjoy free food, and connect with other members of the KU community. The event occurs the last Wednesday of each month during the fall and spring semesters in the Burge Union. For more information or if you are interested in participating, please click on the appropriate link below.
- September 11, 5 p.m. | Burge Union Forums C
- October 30, 5 p.m. | Burge Union Forums C
- December 4, 5 p.m. | Burge Union Forums C
- January 29, 5 p.m. | Burge Union Forums C
- February 26, 50 p.m. | Burge Union Forums C
- March 25, 5 p.m. | Burge Union Forums C
- April 29, 7 p.m. | Burge Union Courtyard Plaza
Registered student organizations and KU departments or units can participate in The Connect by reserving a table to promote upcoming events, recruit prospective members, or showcase available services.
Table reservations can be made online until 10:00 a.m. on the Monday before The Connect. The Connect tabling opportunities may feature a specific focus based on the overall theme of each event (i.e. culturally based student organizations, academic support services, financial assistance services, etc.). If it is determined a student organization or department does not fit the overall theme upon completion of their registration, they will receive priority registration for the next appropriate event.
The following policies must be followed when tabling:
- Check-in and set-up will begin at 6:30 p.m. (September & April) or 1:30 p.m. (October – March) the day of The Connect.
- Someone must be at your table no later than 15 minutes prior to The Connect start time or your table may be reassigned to other organizations/departments on the waiting list. During the event, someone must be at your table at all times.
- Each registered student organization may only reserve one (1) table.
- If no more tables are available upon completion of online registration, your organization or department will be placed on a waiting list. Waiting list organizations and departments will be assigned tables following any cancellations.
- To cancel a table registration, you must email Kevin Joseph (email@example.com) prior to the day of the event.
- If your organization/department registers for a table and does not show up for The Connect, your tabling privileges may be revoked.
- All materials/set-up must fit within your organization’s/department’s table space. You may not interfere with another area.
- KU Memorial Union Event Policies (https://burge.ku.edu/event-policies) must be followed at all times. Non-Union signage affixed to surfaces, placed in interior entrances or walkways, or placed outside the buildings is not permitted.
- Tables and chairs cannot be moved for any reason.
- Any violations of these policies may result in the loss of tabling privileges at The Connect.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please contact Student Affairs at (785) 864-4060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.