Steps in the Process
Students interested in the Higher Education Graduate Assistantship positions should begin by applying for the Master’s in Higher Education Administration program at the University of Kansas. Just follow the easy steps listed below!
- Apply to the academic program electronically by January 10*.
- Submit required supporting documents with online application form including: official transcripts, current resume, and a 1-2 page statement of purpose indicating how the program relates to your career goals. You will also provide information for three references, who will submit letters through the online application system. At least one letter should be from a faculty member and one from a supervisor.
- Keep an eye on your email beginning mid-January for your conditional program admission decision. Communications to admitted students will include links to submit your ranked assistantship preferences and scholarship application.
- Mark your calendar for a Virtual KU Higher Education Graduate Assistantship experience February 18-19, 2021. Please also keep flexibility in your schedule February 22-26 to participate in virtual interviews with multiple Graduate Assistantships sites.
- Imagine yourself as a Jayhawk while waiting for an official assistantship offer in early March!
All candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for Federal Work Study. Please contact Stephanie Covington in Financial Aid & Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Individuals participating in the Oshkosh Placement Exchange (OPE) are not required to submit an academic application prior to OPE. More information can be found here.
Note: International applicants and full-time employees are not required to apply for an assistantship.