Preparing for Life After College
You have a lot to look forward to after graduation, whether it’s launching your career or entering graduate school. While you are still a student, take advantage of campus resources that will help you take the next step.
- Talk to your professors and academic advisor about graduate and professional school.
- Develop a relationship with a career coach at the University Career Center to construct a personal job search plan and prepare for your job search, including resume help and mock interviews.
- Use KU Career Connections to connect with employers looking for KU students through job listings, career fairs, and on-campus interviews.
- Update or create a linkedin.com profile.
- Reevaluate your social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, etc). Are you sending a message that says “hire me!” or will your profile raise some red flags for would-be employers?
- Complete or update your resume and cover letter to prepare for your job search
- Register for on-campus interviews and attend career fairs.
- Make a free appointment with Student Money Management Services to analyze your post-graduation finances and make a plan to manage your student loans and your budget.
- Remember that as a student, you have access to Legal Services for Students. Make an appointment for a consultation about your credit history, legal documents, leases, or employment contracts.