Higher Ed Graduate Assistantship Center
Welcome from the Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Thank you for your interest in attending graduate school at the University of Kansas. Our Master’s Program in Higher Education Administration is an excellent choice!
Full-time students who are admitted to the Master’s Program also must be offered a Graduate Assistantship in order to fulfill the program requirements.
This approach reinforces our philosophy that having hands-on experience working in higher education is critical to your understanding of the academic curriculum. To study higher education without having this experience would leave a student with only a partial understanding of how a university functions.
Not only are our assistantships valuable to you as a student, the University of Kansas greatly benefits from our graduate assistants’ work and knowledge. Our graduate assistants help students be successful everyday.
I think you will find KU an excellent place to begin or continue your career in higher education. Best of luck in the process!
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!
Tammara Durham, Ed.D.
Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Please see the following offices that have available Higher Education Graduate Assistantships for 2021-2022:
- Center for Sexuality and Gender Diversity
- Emily Taylor Center for Women and Gender Equity
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Military-Affiliated Student Success Center
- Office of Admissions
- Office of First Year Experience
- School of Engineering
- Sexual Assault Prevention & Education Center (SAPEC)
- Sorority & Fraternity Life
- Student Conduct & Community Standards
- Student Housing
- Student Involvement & Leadership Center
- Undergraduate Advising Center
- University Career Center