Of course there are some procedural matters you will need to take care of:
- Early in the first semester, go through a complete graduation check with your school to make sure you are on track to graduate. If you’re in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, meet with your graduation advisor. Make sure any transfer credits are reflected in your Degree Progress Report.
- Complete paperwork for your major(s) and minor, if you have one, by the deadline.
- Complete the Application for Graduation in Enroll & Pay by the deadline (this will be in the semester before you plan to graduate). Then make a Diploma Delivery Request on Enroll & Pay.
- In March or April, update Enroll & Pay with an “After Graduation Email Address.”
- Check your account in the Bursar’s office. Transcripts and diplomas won’t be released if you have holds on your account (like that that parking ticket you got on Stop Day).
Get ready for the big day!
- Share commencement dates with your family and plan for accommodations.
- Attend a Grad Fair sponsored by the KU Bookstore. You can purchase regalia, personalized graduation announcements, cap and gown portraits, and class rings. You can also join the KU Alumni Association, donate to the class gift, and find financial or career advice for new graduates.
- Get up-to-date information about Commencement.
Wait, there’s more!