The University of Kansas is dedicated to raising awareness about local hunger and food insecurity. In 2017, Student Affairs established the Food Insecurity Committee composed of students and staff to create and pursue the charges stated below:
- Identify current campus emergency assistance resources available for KU Student to better understand gaps in aid.
- Collaborate with key departments on campus to educate on current food insecurity rates and campus resources.
- Develop of a strategic campaign to share research on food insecurity rates on the University of Kansas campus.
- Duplicate the food insecurity research project to better understand faculty, staff, and graduate student food security status.
- Research peer institutions to learn more about successful programs, services, and best practices to help students in need of emergency assistance resources.
- Develop a proposal for university wide policy and procedural changes to help students in need of emergency assistance.
For more information visit the KU Fights Hunger website.