Student Emergency Assistance Fund
Applications closed at this time
The Student Affairs Emergency Fund, managed through Kansas University Endowment Association (KUEA), exists to provide financial assistance to students who have an immediate unexpected expense due to circumstances beyond their control. The unexpected expense can be of an emergency or an unplanned non-discretionary expense. Funding is usually in amounts of $500 or less. We will not pay outstanding tuition balances, as it is an expected expense. The Student Opportunity Fund (SOF) is managed by Student Affairs to assist with co-curricular activities (paper presentations, fieldwork, but not merely attending a conference).
Guidelines and Eligibility
- Because additional financial assistance to a student may impact current or future financial aid eligible, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will be consulted before any funds are dispersed.
- Students should be in good standing with the University.
- Students may receive assistance once in an academic year.
- Awards are not considered loans and do not require repayment. Some funds may be considered income and are therefore subject to federal taxes.
- Be aware that minimum processing time for any funds awarded is 48 hours.
Types of Expenses Covered
- Books and school supplies (if purchased through KU Bookstore)
- Replacement of belongings lost in a fire or natural disaster
- Safety related needs (i.e. changing locks, short term emergency shelter)
- Overdue rent and utilities
- Outstanding balances to KU, except tuition.
- Student situations may be brought to the attention of the Vice Provost for Student Affairs and/or a student may complete an online application (closed at this time) for emergency assistance. Applications will be submitted to the Vice Provost or designee for approval.