Student Emergency Assistance Fund
Student Emergency Assistance for Academic year 2018-2019 has CLOSED.
The Student Affairs Emergency Fund, managed through Kansas University Endowment Association (KUEA), exists to provide financial assistance to students who have an immediate unexpected expense due to circumstances beyond their control. The unexpected expense can be of an emergency or an unplanned non-discretionary expense. Funding is usually in amounts of $500 or less. We will not pay outstanding tuition balances, as it is an expected expense.
Guidelines and Eligibility
- Funding is for Undergraduate students. Online only students are not eligible for assistance from this fund. Graduate students should contact Graduate Studies.
- Because additional financial assistance to a student may impact current or future financial aid eligible, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will be consulted before any funds are dispursed.
- Students should be in good standing with the University.
- Students may receive assistance once in an academic year.
- Awards are not considered loans and do not require repayment. Some funds may be considered income and are therefore subject to federal taxes.
- Be aware that minimum processing time for any funds awarded is 48 hours.
Types of Expenses Covered
- Books and school supplies (if purchased through KU Bookstore)
- Replacement of belongings lost in a fire or natural disaster
- Safety related needs (i.e. changing locks, short term emergency shelter)
- Overdue rent and utilities
- Student situations may be brought to the attention of the Vice Provost for Student Affairs and/or a student may complete an online application for emergency assistance. Applications will be submitted to the Vice Provost or designee for approval.