Pepsi Program Funding Request Information
Pepsi Program Funding applications for Fall 2017 will be available by August 1, 2017
The University Program Support Committee was appointed to identify programs for support and review proposals/requests for funding. The committee meets in the Fall and Spring semesters, but not in the summer. A limited number of requests will be presented at each meeting. Timely submission of your request is important. You should plan in advance and submit your request a minimum of one month prior to your event to provide adequate review and approval time.
- Priority for Pepsi funds will be given to start-up funds for new programs and events and should not be considered a permanent funding source.
- Pepsi funds are not intended to fund entire programs/activities, but rather to supplement the budget. Be sure to indicate the other sources of funding for your program or event in the budget section of your application.
- Student organizations requesting funding must be registered with the Student Involvement and Leadership Center.
- Generally only one award will be made to any given organization or group each semester.
- Funds are not available for travel away from campus, conference attendance, scholarly research, fundraising campaigns that benefit KU organizations, political campaigns, scholarships, events that charge for KU student attendance, events serving alcohol, or activities that do not reach a broad segment of the University community.
- Funds are not intended to be used for recruitment.
- Typically, funds will not be allocated retroactively.
- Applications should be submitted a minimum of one month prior to your event, via the web application. Any application submitted within 10 days of the event will not be considered.
- The budget information should be complete and specified in detail including other sources of funding and a complete outline of all event expenses. If your event will be over an extended period of time, the budget should be for the entire period of the request. Coca-Cola funds should not be your sole source of funding. The committee encourages groups to seek additional sources of funding, including Student Senate, organizations and KU departmental funding, and indicate these funds in your budget. Incomplete budgets will not be accepted. If additional information becomes available prior to your committee meeting, bring 8 copies of the revised budget to the meeting.
- The University Events Committee must approve all on-campus programs prior to requesting Pepsi funds.
- You are required to present your funding application to the committee before an award is made.
- You will be notified by e-mail with the meeting date, time and location you are required to attend to present your request– it is not always the next date on the meeting list. Do not attend a meeting until you receive this email notification.
- If an award is given, all printed materials for your event must include a sponsorship by Pepsi logo. If the Pepsi logo is not included in your materials, you will jeopardize your chances of receiving funding for any future events.
- After your event is complete, please complete the Pepsi Program Funding Event Survey no more than one week following your event, which will complete the requirements for the award payment to be processed.
- Payment restrictions: Payments cannot be processed without an original invoice, event documentation and W-9 form. If payments are made to individuals, a Contractual Services agreement form must also be submitted. Payments for a service will not be made to KU employees. Payments will not be made to International vendors without appropriate documentation.
Funds are to be used for University programs that benefit a large proportion of the KU community (current KU students, faculty, and/or staff); promote a sense of community life at KU; promote academic life at KU; and promote community service efforts. Funds are not intended to be used for recruitment or conferences away from campus.
The following event criteria will be considered by the Program Committee while evaluating the proposal:
- The merit/impact of the proposal
- who is the target audience
- is there a volunteer/service element
- is the level of support adequate to reach the program's goal
- has the program been funded before
- can the program be administered without funding/product
- is this a duplication of services/programs
- does it involve collaboration between organizations or units
- does the program meet a community need
- can the program be funded through other KU departments or outside organizations
- can greater numbers of constituents be reached through existing programs
- The effectiveness of the program
- how many students/university community members are being affected
- what other benefits may be derived by this program
- what additional level of University support is required
- The efficiency of the program
- what is the breakdown of dollars - program cost
- has additional funding been sought
You must attend a meeting to present your funding application. All meetings begin at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesdays. You will be notified by email in advance of the meeting date and location you should attend. Please bring copies of your updated budget along with quotes for all requests (catering, t-shirts, speaker fees, etc.)
STOP! - have you reviewed all of the requirements, restrictions, and process info included on this page? If not, go back and review to help ensure that you have a successful application before applying below.
Pepsi Program Funding applications will be available by August 1, 2017